Friday, January 16, 2009

Fitting in.

Clicks, labels, categories they are all around us. So what makes them so important? Well they are the things that divide one person from another. Based on interests, appearance, and overall quality of life. So knowing how to deal with them and get through the fear of fitting in is something that no matter how hard you try might never change. When you look at yourself and your life right now, are you being the person who you are,or are you being who people want you to be? Its hard to understand even I do it I stick to my own kind because they are the ones who I feel the most comfortable being myself around and are the people that I know will not judge me for being myself. I look at our High School and see it as a giant division, between grades, popularity, academics and athletics. The burden between which one you choose to belong to is up to you. I say screw it, screw clicks and labels I choose to be my own independent person and learn that I can't change the world, the school or even peoples minds for that matter, but I know that I look at people for who they are not what they look like or what they choose to believe in. Maybe you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment