Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not Just A Game.

You hear people say it all the team "It's just a game." Only its not just a game, its a sport, a passion and is something that my life revolves around. I guess if you haven't figured out already what I am talking about then I should consider filling in the blank for you. The sport is Volleyball and believe me when I tell you that if it wasn't for this sport I wouldn't be the person I am today. I began playing school volleyball in grade 4 and have continued to play school volleyball to this day. I also am In my 4th year of playing rep for the Ganaraska Wolves and because of a shortage of players on the age group above mine I now play for two seperate teams. Like I said before my life revolves around this sport. A typical week for me right now would go. Monday coaching, Tuesday school practice then Wolves practice, Wednesday school tourny, Thursday, school practice then wolves practice, Saturday Wolves tournament and then would start my week over again. My practices for Wolves are three hours long and even with the amount of volleyball in my life I still love every second of it. Its that moment when I step on the court, I feel the rush go through my body and its like nothing else matters, like time is standing still and when the game is over the clock begins to tick again. So still think that its just a game? If you do well then go read someone elses blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment